Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
SECTION 1 – Personal information Collection
- When you purchase something from our online store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
- When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
- Email marketing: we may send you emails about our online store, new products and other updates. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
SECTION 2 – Use of personal information
When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return of a purchase, it is implied that you consent to our collecting that information and the use of it for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will make it clear this is what it is for e.g. if we ask for your email address so you can subscribe to our newsletter.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to contact you, please let us know via email on email@example.com or by mailing us at: Paper Projects Ltd., Unit 1 Haslemere Industrial Estate, Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom CM23 3HG
SECTION 3 – Disclosure
3.1 We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors, insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
3.2 We may disclose your personal information:
(a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
(d) [to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and]
(e) [to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.]
3.3 Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
SECTION 4 – Security
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping the password you use for accessing our website confidential; we will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
SECTION 5 – Cookies
5.1 We use a technology called a cookie, as almost all websites do, to provide you with the best website experience we can. Cookies are small pieces of data, which are used by your browser and stored locally on your computer’s hard drive.
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you’d expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
5.3 Visitor Statistics Cookies
SECTION 6. Amendments
6.1 We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. Changes and clarifications will take effect immediately upon their posting on the website.
6.2 You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
6.3 If Paper Projects is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
QUESTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Paper Projects Ltd
Re: Privacy Compliance
Unit 1, Haslemere Industrial Estate,